Below, I review four precepts collected over a decade seeking answers to the "Simulation" dilemma presented in Matrix (1999) and accidentally... Finding (stumbling upon) them, in the least expected places: Appendix B.
For instance, upon learning that sensory adaptation makes our perception (sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch) highly prone to manipulation, I keep aiming to detoxify my sense of taste, knowing it embeds the food choices and ultimately the lifestyle diseases, we think our own, unaware that our Matrix-like “Sensory Masters” ingrain them in our brain since infancy.
In 2009, after years of research, but mostly by trial & error, I found Fuhrman’s Health = Nutrients Per Calorie approach and the simplest way to execute it: G-BOMBS. Since then, I discovered five other pioneering MDs (Appendix A) whose work confirms or precedes Fuhrman’s.
On the other hand, what led me to these findings was the present era of nearly-free access to information, made possible by Tim Berners-Lee and our Matrix-like complex. So, while the Internet does spread a million lies, when carefully vetted, today’s infinite information bounty gives you a degree of control over your destiny, no previous generation ever had... Or, it can turn you into a slave to the myriad addictive virtual worlds, whose food is your existence.
The Animal Brain Rules... And all this time, you thought it was you, right?
Meet The “Sensory Masters”... They have already met you!
Brainwashed... From Cradle to Grave?
The Matrix... Wants You!
Conclusion... Hack The Matrix!
Appendix A: Bait-Food Antidote... Knowledge!
- The China Study: 3 years of testing 6,500 adults (at the places they had lived since birth), that animal foods trigger the most lethal western diseases, such as cardiac arrest (video-map)and those shown in subsequent studies, five of which are summarized in this simple bar-graph. The China Study unraveled the current era of truly “Hippocratic Minded" MDs, like those listed here and on the books & movies linked at Nutrition Science.
- Chocolate, Cheese, Meat, and Sugar are Physically Addictive: Neal Barnard M.D.
- Marketing Milk and Disease: John A. McDougall M.D. Pioneer enabler of the “China Study” principles
- Heart Disease Starts in Childhood: Dr. Michael Greger M.D. talks about the study that ignited Non-Fat farce
- Salad as the Main Dish: Dr. Joel Fuhrman M.D. Behind’s Fuhrman’s stay healthy slogan
- Heroes Aren't Born. They're Built. Christopher McDougall's Article on his 2nd book on “Mastering the Lost Secrets of Strength and Endurance”
Appendix B: Key Bibliography... Desperately seeking (and accidentally finding) Susan!
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall (Every Runner's New Testament For further details and daily running inspiration, you're welcome to join our Huarache Runners club..
- Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman M.D.: Eating these 5 foods makes you a NUTRITARIAN.
- Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Mind Rules Your Behavior, by Mlodinow.
- Simulacra and Simulation by Jean Baudrillard.
- Taking the Red Pill: Philosophical dilemmas posed by the Wachowskis.
- Matrix 101 & Books.
- The Simulation Argument and Bostrom's seminal paper
- The Age of Spiritual Machines by Ray Kurzweil,The Singularity is Near (Stanford's take).